Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to configure ACL on Port-Channel

Hello Guys, 

I would like to ask if this is possible. I created a Lab using Cisco Packet Tracer version 7.2.2 and I was trying to configure an ACL policy for each VLAN. My question is, where and how do we configure an ACL in an multiple VLAN environment. Please see the image attached VLAN_ACL.PNGfor your reference. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

luis_cordova
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @NoelAdrianGatchalian5946 

The ACL must be created and applied on the device that routes the vlan.
For example, if you use the router to route the vlan (RoaS), then the ACL must be created on the router and applied to the corresponding subinterface.

Now, if the vlan are being routed on the L3 switches, then the ACLs must be created on the L3 switch and applied to the corresponding vlan interface (SVI).

Regards

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

luis_cordova
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The ACL must be created and applied on the device that routes the vlan.
For example, if you use the router to route the vlan (RoaS), then the ACL must be created on the router and applied to the corresponding subinterface.

Now, if the vlan are being routed on the L3 switches, then the ACLs must be created on the L3 switch and applied to the corresponding vlan interface (SVI).

Regards

Hi Luis, 

As of the moment these VLANs are routed through L3 switches so in this case, should we configure the ACL policies and access group inside the VLAN interface like this? 

I.E. Scenario: VLAN 110 are not allowed to access VLAN 130 except other networks. 

DS2 (config)#access-list 1 deny 192.168.110.0 0.0.0.255

DS2 (config)#access-list 1 permit any 

DS2 (config)#interface VLAN 130

DS2 (config-if)#ip access-group 1 out

Thank you :) 

You are right :)

If you have more doubts, just post them and we will try to help you.

Regards

Thank you Luis :) 

I just performed the following syntax above but the VLAN 110 is still getting successful PING result from  a host in VLAN 130. I', trying to figure out what did I missed. 

Please, compress your exercise (winzip) and attach it to check.

Regards

Hi Luis, 

I was able to configure out the solution last night. simply the PT has bugs when I tried to relaunch the application all policies has been successfully applied. Issue is now resolved and really appreciate your assistance :) 

Thank you!