cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IDS Boot Sequence?

s-beavers
Level 1
Level 1

I am attempting to upgrade my IDS-4220-E to 4.x and the device will not boot from the cdrom. Any ideas? I have an IDS-4230 where this worked flawlessly. Help. Thanx.

3 Replies 3

gfullage
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What error are you seeing? Keep in mind that you have to upgrade the 4220 memory to 512Meg BEFORE upgrading to v4.1, as discussed here:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/iaabu/csids/csids10/hwguide/hwchap5.htm

Other than that please tell us exactly what you're seeing after you place the CDROM in the drive and reboot the 4220. Make sure you have a screen and keyboard attached, OR a PC connected to COM1, do NOT have both connected though.

The memory has been installed. I completed the install over a serial on several IDS-4230 devices. I figure I need to enter the BIOS and change the boot sequence.

If you need to change the boot sequence in CMOS setup, it should be:

1. [Removable Devices]

2. [ATAPI CD-ROM Drive]

3. [Hard Drive]

4. [LANDesk (R) Service Agent II]

Let me know if you need instructions on doing this. You should be able to access CMOS setup using your serial connection if redirection is enabled in BIOS. It may not be enabled by default on your system, depending on when it was manufactured.

-Rusty

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: