cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IDSM-2 and Ciscoworks?

jpina
Level 1
Level 1

My company recently purchased an IDSM-2 and I'd like to know which version of Cisco Works is required to manage this module?

3 Replies 3

tomayer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

you need Cisco Works VMS v2.2. It includes the IDS Management Center and the Security Monitor.

http://www.cisco.com/go/vms

And, you always have the WEB-INTERFACE , called IDS Device Manager, on the Blade.

regards,

Tobias

The IDS Sensors and Modules are now shipping with a VMS 2.2 Basic CD that comes with a basic 5 device license for the managing of up to 5 sensors (for additional sensors you would need to purchase an additional license.

Note: This is a fairly recent addition to the shipping contents, so if your sensor was ordered awhile back it may not have been part of the part list when you made your order. But you can still get the CD free with your SmartNET maintenance contract.

You should have received the CD with your sensor.

If you didn't receive the CD but do have your SmartNET contract number, then you can also order the no additional cost CD from the Product Upgrade Tool on CCO.

The license can not be downloaded from CCO so you need to get the VMS Basic CD to get the 5 device license.

Can I upgrade my existing VMS v1.0 to v2.2 by downloading a patch from Cisco or do we have to purchase VMS v2.2? Thanks Tobias

Regards,

Jorge