cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IDSM S29 released after appliance S33...?

i.byerly
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know if it is typical for the IDSM blade signatures to be four or so releases behind the appliances and CSPM? Are they likely to catch up in the near future?

Thanks,

Ira

4 Replies 4

scothrel
Level 3
Level 3

Ira,

The short answer is "Yes, it is typical for the IDSM to be several releases behind the appliance".

The long answer lies in the fact that the IDSM is a completely different hardware environment and has a seperate code base. We develop and prove the signature updates in the appliance and then port them to the IDSM. The porting lag is responsible for the slippage. IDSM1 will always lag the appliance.

We realise this is an issue, and the forth-coming IDSM2 will use the same codebase as the appliance.

SC

Scott,

What is the difference between IDSM1 and IDSM2 that you mentioned?

Thanks

IDSM2 is a next generation blade that we are working on...partly to solve the previously mentioned problem. More than that I shouldn't comment. The party line is "contact your account representatives for more information".

SC

IDSM2 is a next generation blade that we are working on...partly to solve the previously mentioned problem. More than that I shouldn't comment. The party line is "contact your account representatives for more information".

SC