cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Installing servcie patch upgrade does not work

davidmoody
Level 1
Level 1

I have attempted to upgrade my 4210 IDS sensos both via the upgrade ftp and upgrade scp from an ftp server as well as useing the IDS as the host and both do not work.

When I attempt to use the upgrade scp from the sensor and have the host sensor key set to run it for the devcie it does do a reboot but when the sensor comes back up the service patch does not install the update therefore causing me not to be able to do any signature updates as you need to have S61 installed.

Any help would be gratefull.

Thanks

4 Replies 4

jamesand
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When running the scp upgrade, there are no errors before the reboot occurs? What version was your sensor before the attempted upgrade?

It would be helpful if you could run the cli command:

show tech

and attach the resulting html file.

When I run the upgrade scp there are no errors before the system reboots. The version I am at prior to the attempted service patch is S47.

I have copied what I see when the rebot happens below

HPSH_SCCIC04(config)# upgrade scp://

User: XXXXXXX

Server's IP Address: XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX

Port[22]:

File name: IDS-K9-sp-4.1-3.S61.rpm.pkg

Password: *********

Warning: Executing this command will apply a service pack to the application partition. The system may be rebooted to complete the upgrade.

Continue with upgrade? : yes

Broadcast message from root (Fri May 21 10:46:39 2004):

Applying update IDS-K9-sp-4.1-3-S61.

Shutting down all CIDS processes. All connections will be terminated.

The system will be rebooted upon completion of the update.

Command terminated on signal 9.

The answer came when I looked at Cisco's page and service patch S91 was there. Loaded it and all was fine after that.

Hi David !

Can you explain what you do ?

I can´t upgrade 4.1(1)S47 to IDS-K9-sp-4.1-4-S91.rpm.pkg .

Help me please.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: