cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MAC address gets removed from the CAM 4.8 Filter List??

Hi,

we got WLC and NAC integration going. I have a smartphone wi-fi client I would like to exclude from logon and posture assessment, so I add the MAC into the CAM's Filter List. It works fine for a short while and then the MAC gets deleted from the list for some reason. Here’s what CAM log show (roughly an hour between the MAC is manually added and then gets deleted):

CAM filter log.jpg

any ideas why it's happening and how to fix this?

5 Replies 5

Faisal Sehbai
Level 7
Level 7

Dmitri,

Interesting. What do the CAM logs show for that same time frame?

HTH,

Faisal

--

If you find this post helpful, please rate so others can find the answer easily

Faisal,

I looked through the NAC log again, and I did miss another piece of info, so here's how the log looks after adding the MAC in the filter list:

Administration      2010-11-01 17:53:31       38:E7:D8:0B:42:A3  added to MAC list

Administration      2010-11-01 18:51:10       38:E7:D8:0B:42:A3  removed from the MAC list

Administration      2010-11-01 18:51:10       (API removemac): Succeeded!

So, it looks like there is some process running that removes the MAC from the list every time it's added in raughly an hour?

Dmitri.

Dmitri,

Do you have profiler in your environment?

HTH,

Faisal

--

If you find this post helpful, please rate so others can find the answer easily

Faisal,

yes, we do have a profiler deployed.

Dmitri.

Hi Dmitri,

It looks like something is removing it via API - most likely Profiler is the culprit.  Does that MAC address show up in the right profile on Profiler?

Thanks,

Lauren

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: