Views
Helpful
Replies

MARS database purge

koeppend
Level 4
Level 4

Hi All

I'm struggling to find on CCO how you can purge a MARS database from the CLI.

I dont want to use a recovery DVD as I have already built the box and its completely up to date, ... I just want to purge the entire database and start again from scratch, just like its been freshly built.

Thanks,

Dale

2 Replies 2

Not applicable

Each MARS Appliance seamlessly archives data using an expiration date that you specify. When the MARS internal storage reaches capacity, it automatically purges the data in the oldest partition of the local database, roughly 10% of the stored event and session data. The data in the NFS file share has a life span specified in days. Therefore, to keep a year's worth of data, you would specify 365 days as the value for the Remote Storage Capacity (in Days) field. All data older than 365 days is purged from the archive file.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/security_management/cs-mars/4.3/installation/guide/admin.html#wp1133701

Thanks for your response but I was actually after the CLI command that I can manually enter in to purge the MARS appliance.

I used 'pnreset' which did the trick.

DK

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: