Views
Helpful
Replies

Master browser list in domain not showing servers behind firewall

Jim.Kiddoo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have numerous servers behind a pix 515e and they can get out fine and browse each other fine, th eproblem is clients on the outside can not see the servers in the domain browser list. There is a master browser behind the firewall that has a list of all machines on the network both in an out. but outside browseing only sees outside ones. All traffic right now is being let through and outside clients can map drives fine to inside servers. This isn't a big deal accept for our desktop person installing printers. I can fix it with lmhosts files but I would rather not do that on every machine.

Thanks

Jim

2 Replies 2

tvanginneken
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

cann't you configure a WINS server and point all the clients and servers to this WINS server? That will fix the browsing problem.

Kind Regards,

Tom

that doesn't work, for some reason the browseing doesn't work. I can map drives fine from outside by using wins but the browsing doesn't

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: