cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MC query sensor on IDSM fails

rrussell
Level 1
Level 1

I'm not sure if I have the IDSM setup correctly in the MC. I have the IP address as the IDSM card (assigned IP) not the IP address of the 6509 switch.

Do I need to use the IP of the core switch or can I use the IP of the IDSM card? The documentation wasn't very specific. The MC is able to receive alerts from the IDSM but I'm having difficulty making configuration changes or query the sensor. The Error message says to look at the audit log ..chnidsm01.covansys: Error importing sensor version from the sensor - Sensor authentication error. Check username and password. I'm using ciscoids and the correct password...

Any ideas?

3 Replies 3

marcabal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You have the IP set correctly. Use the IP Address assigned specifically to the module.

You need to be sure that you have upgraded to the latest release version of IDSM:

3.0(5)S39.

Also be sure that you have enabled ssh on the IDSM, ssh is disabled by default. IDS MC will establish an ssh connection to the IDSM for configuration.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/iaabu/csids/idsm/idsm_2/13074_04.htm#xtocid23

That did it! The IDSM's were already at 3.0(5)S39 so all I had to do was enable the ssh. Thanks for the help!!

Roger

ravarada
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Just try connect the IDSM from the MC installed server by ssh.

plink -ssh ciscoids@

Also give your password, which you have given in MC. and see the connectivity is correct.

Regards

Ramesh V

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: