cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NAC 4.8 agent stays open after moving to trusted VLAN

wyley.johnson
Level 4
Level 4

We have some Windows 7 clients that are running the 4.8 agent. NAC will process the user and move them to the trusted vlan. However, the agent stays open and appears to keep running/processing something. THe user can minimize the agent and work normally, and a reboot appears to fix the issue. However, has anybody seen this issue before and is there some trigger or cause to this?

We are still doing some testing on our end, but I wanted to see if anybody has run across this or something similar.

Thanks for your help.

-Wyley

5 Replies 5

Lauren Sullivan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Wyley,

What screen does the agent get stuck on?  The full network access screen?  If so, one thing we've seen before is that if you have the "automatically close logoff screen after seconds" (under Device Management > Clean Access > General Setup > Agent Login > select the role) set to 0, it can occasionally cause problems.  If that's the case, try setting it to 1 and see if that changes anything.

HTH,

Lauren

Thanks, Lauren. Correct, it does stall on the Full Network Access screen. Unfortunately, we have had that parameter set to 2 seconds for quite a while now.

Any other ideas?

Thanks for your help.

-Wyley

Can you have one of the users logout (or reboot if you're doing AD SSO), log back in, and then immediately grab the NAC agent logs and send those to me (either upload them here or email me with the address in my profile)?

To get the agent logs, go to Start > All Programs > Cisco > Cisco Client Utilities > Log Packager, and it'll make a CiscoSupportReport.zip file on the desktop.

Thanks,

Lauren

Sorry for the delay, Lauren.

In troubleshooting this issue, we ran into another issue. As a result, rebooted and the CAS and failed over to secondary. This fixed both issues that we were seeing. Unfortunately, by rebooting we could get to root cause.

Thank you for your help.

Sincerely,

Wyley

Hello,

We have this same issue on Windows 7 64 bit client and 4.9 NAC appliance. No matter what timeout value we select, the Sucessful logon page remains open, even despite the countdown timer dsiplay reaching zero. The window remains open for approximately 60 seconds! We do not experience this with Windows XP clients. The window closes for them promptly at the countdown expiry.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card