cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NAC installation package with admin privilege

hany_ibrahim
Level 1
Level 1

At normal operation , when the user try to connect to the network , and he doesn't have agent installed on his PC , and the option "Require use of Agent (for Windows & Macintosh OSX only)" is selected , the user will be redirected to the CAS URL to download the agent and install it , the question is :

1- i want to create an installation package to run with a specific administrator privilege .

2- then i want to upload this package on the CAS , so that when the user is redirected to the CAS URL , he will be able to download and install the agent package although he logged in to his machine with normal domain user (without administration privilege).

2 Replies 2

Daniel Stefani
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

In version 4.8 that I'm using, have the file nacagentsetup-win-4.8.0.32.msi is already an installation package.
I think it is possible to install by Windows GPO.
But I never tested

tks

Tiago Antunes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

In version 4.8 you can create custom Agent installation package.

You can then upload it via the CAM GUI and after this step, all clients will be prompted to download this Agent package and install it.

More details at:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/nac/appliance/configuration_guide/48/cam/m_agntd.html#wp1264293.

Use the Agent customization file upload option  to customize the NAC Agent UI on Windows client machines with Cisco NAC  Agent that is compatible with CAM Release 4.8 installed.

To customize the instalation file:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/nac/appliance/configuration_guide/48/cam/m_agntd.html#wp1606140.

HTH,
Tiago

--

If  this helps you and/or answers your question please mark the question as  "answered" and/or rate it, so other users can easily find it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card