Views
Helpful
Replies

NAC License

estelamathew
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

I have installed NAC manager license nad it is fine when i try to add the NAC server it is giving me error

Failed to add server: Maximum limit for Clean Access Servers  supported has been reached.

I got the licence for NAC Server from PAK shipped with server, when i went to install the license for NAC Server is it gives me error

An error occurred while adding the license file. Licensed MAC Address does not  match. CCA-OB-SERVER feature failed validation.

Has anybody face this issue before,or i m on the wrong path to install LIC for Server

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Estela,

The problem is on the MAc address used for the Server license.

Please note that ALL NCA licences are ALWAYS issued based on the Manager mac address, even the NAC Server license.

Please find this info here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/nac/appliance/support_guide/license.html#wp42302.

There you can read:

Step 2 Log in as a registered CCO user and fill out the Customer Registration form found at the PAK Cisco Technical Support site: http://www.cisco.com/go/license. During customer registration, submit each PAK you receive and the MAC address of your Clean Access Manager (CAM) as follows:

For CAM, or CAS, or CAS Failover (HA) licenses, submit the primary CAM's eth0 MAC address.

For CAM Failover (HA) license only, submit the eth0 MAC address of the secondary CAM.

Warning The  eth0 MAC address(es) entered for the Clean Access Manager must be in  UPPER CASE (i.e. hexadecimal letters must be capitalized). Do not enter  colons (":") in between characters.

So, at this moment i believe the only thing you can do is to open an  Licensing Service Request with Cisco and ask for the re-issue of the license.

please provide the PAK related to the NAC Server and the NAC Manager eth0 MAC address.

HTH,
Tiago

--

If  this helps you and/or answers your question please mark the question as  "answered" and/or rate it, so other users can easily find it.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Faisal Sehbai
Level 7
Level 7

Estela,

Did you use the MAC address of the CAM or the CAS when getting the license from the Licensing website?

Faisal

--

If you find this post helpful, please rate so others can find the answer easily

Hello

YES i used the mac-address of eth0 for both NAM as well NAS with 2 different PAK shipped from cisco in each BOX,i m very much sure i didn't do any mistake,for Manager i used eth0 MAC . And for Server i used Server MAC eht0 .NAM accepted the licence but NAC Server gives me the error above.

Thanks

Hi Estela,

The problem is on the MAc address used for the Server license.

Please note that ALL NCA licences are ALWAYS issued based on the Manager mac address, even the NAC Server license.

Please find this info here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/nac/appliance/support_guide/license.html#wp42302.

There you can read:

Step 2 Log in as a registered CCO user and fill out the Customer Registration form found at the PAK Cisco Technical Support site: http://www.cisco.com/go/license. During customer registration, submit each PAK you receive and the MAC address of your Clean Access Manager (CAM) as follows:

For CAM, or CAS, or CAS Failover (HA) licenses, submit the primary CAM's eth0 MAC address.

For CAM Failover (HA) license only, submit the eth0 MAC address of the secondary CAM.

Warning The  eth0 MAC address(es) entered for the Clean Access Manager must be in  UPPER CASE (i.e. hexadecimal letters must be capitalized). Do not enter  colons (":") in between characters.

So, at this moment i believe the only thing you can do is to open an  Licensing Service Request with Cisco and ask for the re-issue of the license.

please provide the PAK related to the NAC Server and the NAC Manager eth0 MAC address.

HTH,
Tiago

--

If  this helps you and/or answers your question please mark the question as  "answered" and/or rate it, so other users can easily find it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: