cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NAC OOB and 4507E

bruce.hodge
Level 1
Level 1

I have previously posted this in ask the expert but I thought I might try the wider community?

Guys,

I have NAC 4.7.2 and I am trying to add a 4507E chassis to our OOB switches.

I have had no luck.

I was asked to do the following

psql  -h localhost -U postgres  controlsmartdb -c "INSERT INTO  supported_switch VALUES  ('1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.1286', 4, ‘Cisco Catalyst  4500 E-Series 4507R+E');"

But we got this error

ERROR:  invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0x91
HINT:    This error can also happen if the byte sequence does not match the   encoding expected by the server, which is controlled by   "client_encoding".

Any suggestions to get this chassis type into CAM?

Bruce.Hodge@newcastle.edu.au

Team Leader Communications Group

IT services

University of Newcastle

Australia

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tiago Antunes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Bruce,

I am afraid there are some arguments missing in your db command.

To manually add the OID of  Cat4507R+E to CAM's database here is the  procedure to do this.

[root@cca-3140-cam ~]# psql -h localhost -U postgres controlsmartdb -c "INSERT INTO supported_switch VALUES ('1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.1286', '4', 'Cisco Catalyst 4507 R+E')" INSERT 0 1
psql: warning: extra command-line argument "INSERT" ignored
psql: warning: extra command-line argument "0" ignored
psql: warning: extra command-line argument "1" ignored
INSERT 0 1

Then to make sure it is there:

[root@cca-3140-cam ~]# psql -h localhost -U postgres controlsmartdb -c "SELECT * FROM supported_switch" | grep 1286

The output should be:

1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.1286      |     4 | Cisco Catalyst 4507 R+E

Restart perfigo service on NAC Manager and try to manage the switch  using the model used by the above command.

HTH,
Tiago

--

If  this helps you and/or answers your question please mark the question as  "answered" and/or rate it, so other users can easily find it.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

bruce.hodge
Level 1
Level 1

more information on this is.

The sup is a Sup 7-E 10GE and it is running cat4500e-universalk9.SPA.03.01.01.SG.150-1.XO1.bin

I think the issues may be the combination of the sup and IOS-XE?

Tiago Antunes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Bruce,

I am afraid there are some arguments missing in your db command.

To manually add the OID of  Cat4507R+E to CAM's database here is the  procedure to do this.

[root@cca-3140-cam ~]# psql -h localhost -U postgres controlsmartdb -c "INSERT INTO supported_switch VALUES ('1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.1286', '4', 'Cisco Catalyst 4507 R+E')" INSERT 0 1
psql: warning: extra command-line argument "INSERT" ignored
psql: warning: extra command-line argument "0" ignored
psql: warning: extra command-line argument "1" ignored
INSERT 0 1

Then to make sure it is there:

[root@cca-3140-cam ~]# psql -h localhost -U postgres controlsmartdb -c "SELECT * FROM supported_switch" | grep 1286

The output should be:

1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.1286      |     4 | Cisco Catalyst 4507 R+E

Restart perfigo service on NAC Manager and try to manage the switch  using the model used by the above command.

HTH,
Tiago

--

If  this helps you and/or answers your question please mark the question as  "answered" and/or rate it, so other users can easily find it.

Thanks Tiago.

The CAM's took the command and the grep confirms it.

I just have to get a re-start of the HA pair through our change control processes before I see if it is all good.

Again thank you for your help.

Bruce Hodge

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card