cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need Cisco tool for Netscreen / Checkpoint type logging

Greg Ferro
Level 1
Level 1

I am working on a site that is using Checkpoint and the Checkpoint logging has a very useful feature that is able to collect logs constantly. You can then search those logs later to see what has happended after the fact. netscreen also supports the same functions when you are using the Netscreen Security Manager.

I am looking for the same feature for Cisco ASA firewalls. I am using Cisco Security Manager 3.1, RME 4.0.5 and a bunch of Open Source tools, but nothing really comes close to this feature. I can't find anything within CSM, it seems to be a configuration tool only.

I am hoping someone else has this experience and can point me towards a Cisco product that has the same function ?

Thanks

greg

2 Replies 2

jreekers
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Greg,

I'm not very familiar with Checkpoint software, so I'm not exactly sure what you're looking for, but I think RME's custom reporting tools might be helpful to you. Also, the Sylog Analyzer functionality within RME (which you mention you have installed) could be useful to you in "after-the-fact" discovery of device events.

You can read a little more about RME's custom reporting capabilities here:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/rtrmgmt/cw2000/cw2000e/e_4_x/rme405/405ug/reports.htm

and in the online help within RME.

HTH,

-Joe

jreekers
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Greg,

I'm not very familiar with Checkpoint software, so I'm not exactly sure what you're looking for, but I think RME's custom reporting tools might be helpful to you. Also, the Sylog Analyzer functionality within RME (which you mention you have installed) could be useful to you in "after-the-fact" discovery of device events.

You can read a little more about RME's custom reporting capabilities here:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/rtrmgmt/cw2000/cw2000e/e_4_x/rme405/405ug/reports.htm

and in the online help within RME.

HTH,

-Joe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: