Views
Helpful
Replies

Netmeeting connection problem

e.l
Level 1
Level 1

Dear VPN3000 Expert,

I am having problem with Netmeeting connetion from a VPN Client that is terminated an IPSec tunnel to a VPN3000 Concentrator. This VPN Client`s Netmeeting peer is a PC behind the Concentrator. I already read the FAQ about VPN3000, it says that a Netmeeting will not work with a VPN client, but it doesn`t have any detail reason why Netmeeting won`t work with an encryption tunnel. The explanation is very bad that I really doesn`t understand the meaning. If anyone can make a better explanation why Netmeeting will not work with an IPSec tunnel would be very appreciated.

And does anyone know if Netmeeting will be supported from a VPN client ?

Best Regards,

Engel

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jfrahim
Level 5
Level 5

Engel,

Netmeeting, I believe uses H323, which the VPN client does not support. The h323 support will be there in version 4.0 of the client

Jazib

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

jfrahim
Level 5
Level 5

Engel,

Netmeeting, I believe uses H323, which the VPN client does not support. The h323 support will be there in version 4.0 of the client

Jazib

Hi Jazib,

Thanks, I will tell the end-client to wait until version 4.0. Do you have any information on estimate date of VPN client v4.0 release ?

Best Regards,

Engel

Hi Engel,

Sometime in April - May 2003 time frame. It's a tentative date, so don't quote me on that :~)

Jazib

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: