cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Opinion on CCNA Security

PacoBelan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all! I just recently passed my CCNP Routing and Switching exams and am looking to move into the security track. What are yalls opinon on the test and it's difficulty? I really had no issue with the CCNP R/S exams, but I work with those topics day in and out at work, however I do not work with security devices.

2 Replies 2

Hi @PacoBelan 

Congrats on passing your CCNP, there is actually no CCNA Security certification any longer.

If you are not working with the cisco security technologies regularly then you will probably find the CCNP Security exams hard. Where do you want to take your career? If you want to go in to security, then perhaps study for the Security+ exam first before progressing.

Or alternatively, network automation is quite popular now, so perhaps study for Cisco Devnet?

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@Rob Ingram  agreed here the suggestion, since that is the path for learning security jump from switching, also new trends for next generation ( automation and cloud security)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: