Helpful
Replies

outlook 2000 sync offline folder problem with Cisco VPN Client

freepoint
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We meet outlook 2000 sync offline folder problem with Cisco VPN Client

When the user sync the office folder with Cisco VPN 4.04D, the speed is slow and he can see these error message from the sync log:

6:50:28 Synchronizing Folder 'Outbox'

6:51:06 Error synchronizing folder

6:51:06 [80040115-514-0-540]

6:51:06 Network problems are preventing connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer.

6:51:06 Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store

6:51:06 For more information on this failure, click the URL below:

6:51:06 http://www.microsoft.com/support/prodredirect/outlook2000_us.asp?err=80040115-514-0-540

Other application such as VPN and WEB access is normal.

But when he switch Cisco VPN to Microsoft VPN, the sync will not meet problems.

Our network connection is

User's notebook(Windows XP, Outlook 2000)

Netgear ADSL Router

1M ADSL

VPN Concentrator 3020

Exchange 2000.

The ping response time from the user's notebook to VPN Concentrator is below 50 ms.

Packet lost < 5%

Any idea how to troubleshooting this problem?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

ebreniz
Level 6
Level 6

By looking at the ping response, I see that there is no issue with the network. Possible issue could be with either the Outlook or VPN client or could be interoperability issue between the two.

I would take a deeper look at the error, "Network problems are preventing connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer".

Any other clues?

Thanks for your guide. It seems that the outlook think the network is disconnected but the Cisco VPN acctually is always active. I wonder whether there are domain resolution problems.

dennis
Level 1
Level 1

Have you tried to lower the MTU on the Ethernet adapter on the notebook? I would try 1300 but have seen cases with DSL connections requiring a MTU as low as 1250.

We tried 1200, 1100, the problem is same. I also tried 576, but the vpn connection will fail.Now the MTU setting is 1100.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: