cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Packet Errors

axslinger
Level 1
Level 1

I have a pix 506E connected to a Qwest VDSL "Etherset" on the public side. We have been having internet connectivity issues (sometimes slow, sometimes we completely lose connection).

As a test I ran the Packet Error graph on the outside interface. Unless Im reading the graph wrong, it appears that I'm getting errors. For instance, Runts starts at 57 and CRC starts at 82. Then over time they will slowly climb. In a nutshell, Im trying to figure out exactly what is causing the errors. Is it the external interface or an issue on my providers end? And how can I verify it?

Thanks,

Brian

2 Replies 2

mostiguy
Level 6
Level 6

Is the quest device connected to the pix via a hub/switch, or with a ethernet (crossover?) cable? You might want to work with the provider to see if they can configure the Qwest device to be set to 100megabit full duplex. You would then hard code the PIX to that as well, and thus avoid autonegotiation issues.

The connection is directly from the LAN side of the etherset to the Outside interface on the PIX. The PIX is only 10/mbs. And we're using a strait-thru patch cable. The Inside interface is is connected to our switch. Ive never seen any errors on the Inside interface.

Brian