cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PPTP fixup and PAT

spicer
Level 1
Level 1

Using "fixup pptp 1723" on a PIX 6.3(1), can there be multiple pptp connections from inside my lan to a pptp server on the internet at the same time?

What I've been told is that PAT won't allow this to occur. So the fixup really is only useful because you don't have to enter a static?

If I need to have multiple pptp connections out through the PIX at the same time is the pptp fixup helpful?

2 Replies 2

gfullage
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, the PPTP fixup will allow this to work, but it also depends on the PPTP server. for example, a VPN3000 or a PIX acting as a PPTP server will not work with receiving multiple PPTP client connections from what looks like the same IP address. A MS PPTP server or an IOS router acting as a PPTP server will accept this properly.

The fixp will also open up the right holes to allow the GRE and TCP/1723 back in correctly.

If I may though, I would recommend you upgrading from 6.3(1) as this had a couple of fairly major issues with it. 6.3(4) has been available for quite a while now and is a much more stable code than 6.3(1).

Thank you for your response. I talked with two TAC engineers who said this would not work.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: