Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with PPPOE and Static public IP

ebd
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all pix gurus..!

I've set my 501 as shown on the cisco docs (how to set the pppoe client) with a static IP but after a couple of days the connection is out!! Sometimes I can ping outside servers on ip but there's no DNS resolution and when I try to reconnect it's a problem!!

I've no problem of authentication, when I type sh vpdn tunnel, or sh vpdn session, sh vpdn pppint and so on.. everything seems ok.

I've made along time to set the static IP, because when I've typed "ip add outside pppoe setroute" I wasn't be able to conenct from inside, and after some "no ip" and "ip add outside pppoe setroute" OR "ip add outside MYPUBLICADDRESS 255.255.255.0", it's ok..

But what a pain to connect..!

Thz pppoe state is "session up" and when I made my tries it's sometimes in state: "PADR SENT".. (public address sent...??)

If I type directly my ISP static address, I have no default route.... and when I show the remote address (ISP AC) is once a first and the other time another address.. So What to do..?? It's never the same AC, so I can't set manually the default route.

when I type a "sh route" I've the default route (setroute of pppoe) and two others.

What do you think of that..??

1 Reply 1

ebd
Level 1
Level 1

Hi again!

Since my last problem, I have some DNS problems.. I can ping from a PC to outside on IP but not on hostname...

And when I ping from the PIX 501 to the actual AC it's "no response".... and the ttl is 1000ms in place of 200 ms..

Help me please....

I don't konw what to do..?

I've already tried to type two times:

"ip add outside pppoe setroute" to disconnect and reconnect.. but the same thing !!!

Thanks by advance!

Emmanuel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: