Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with users connecting to PIX501

tony.jones
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I've recently purchased a PIX501 which is linked to our DSL internet connection. As this unit supported 10 concurrent users I figured it should serve an office of 20 users without any problems. However, it would seem that at the moment the PIX allows the first 10 users who connect to the internet permanent access, i.e. when they're finished it does not free up a slot for another user to use. I regularly end up having to do a 'clear local-host' in order for others to get access which is becoming increasingly annoying. I originally assumed (wrongly?) that since the internal DHCP server supported up to 30 users then the device should free up slots when people finish using the internet (I'm not using the internal DHCP server - external one)is this right?

I've tried changing various timeouts, Connection is now 10mins but seems to have made no difference. Does anyone have a solution as this is driving me crazy.

Thanks,

Tony.

1 Reply 1

rrbleeker
Level 1
Level 1

Tony,

You have to contact Cisco. This is a known issue and require a engineering upgrade (special software version). I used it and now it works as a charm.