cancel
Announcements

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Re-image MARS 20 Issue

When I try to re-image my MARS 20 appliance with the recovery ISO downloaded from the CCO and I burn the ISO as it says when booting from the DVD it gets to the menu to select how I want to re-image and it locks up.  Has anyone ever seen this and how did you fix it.  I have had 3 different appliances and they all do the same thing.

Everyone's tags (4)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re-image MARS 20 Issue

Hi James.

When I try to re-image my MARS 20 appliance with the recovery ISO downloaded from the CCO and I burn the ISO as it says when booting from the DVD it gets to the menu to select how I want to re-image and it locks up.  Has anyone ever seen this and how did you fix it.  I have had 3 different appliances and they all do the same thing.

You are connected via the appliance's Direct Console (VGA + PS/2 keyboard), right? If you are using a USB keyboard, try a PS/2 keyboard instead.

Also, if this is a CS-MARS 20 model, make sure you are selecting option '1. Distributed Mars - Local Controller', not option #3 (that option only applies to the generation 2 hardware models).

If neither of the above is the cause, then it sounds like a problem with the burnt disc.

• Verify the MD5 checksum of your local copy of the .ISO image file matches what is shown on cisco.com.
  • Re-burn the ISO image to a new disc, force a "slow" burn speed (4x or less), try another brand of media as well (I have run into a few cases where when other media brands were used, these types of issues went away).
2 REPLIES 2
Cisco Employee

Re-image MARS 20 Issue

Hi James.

You are connected via the appliance's Direct Console (VGA + PS/2 keyboard), right? If you are using a USB keyboard, try a PS/2 keyboard instead.

Also, if this is a CS-MARS 20 model, make sure you are selecting option '1. Distributed Mars - Local Controller', not option #3 (that option only applies to the generation 2 hardware models).

If neither of the above is the cause, then it sounds like a problem with the burnt disc.

• Verify the MD5 checksum of your local copy of the .ISO image file matches what is shown on cisco.com.
  • Re-burn the ISO image to a new disc, force a "slow" burn speed (4x or less), try another brand of media as well (I have run into a few cases where when other media brands were used, these types of issues went away).
Beginner

Re-image MARS 20 Issue

It was the keyboard.  USB is not enabled on the MARS-20.  Thanks for the response!