cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

securityk9 license 4331 Eval to RightToUse to Permanent, extra costs involved yes or no?

I activated the securityk9 license on the next boot on 2 x 4331 routers and it changed to "EvalRightToUse" so i could configure TLS and so forth.
I just want to confirm the below statement with Cisco, but to my knowledge this should be fine for us in other words no additional cost to the client.
“An evaluation license is automatically converted to a Right to Use model after 60 days and this license is valid permanently. The conversion to a permanent license applies only to evaluation licenses. For other features supported on your router, you must purchase a permanent license. “
I can issue the command “license right-to-use move securityk9” to changed the License type from “EvalRightToUse” to “RightToUse” and then accept the Eula. (Would just need to confirm 100% then it would be permanent as per above statement and no additional cost)
Technology Package License Information On CUBES:

Technology  

Technology-package

Technology-package

Current

Type 

Next reboot 

appxk9

None            

None            

None

uck9

uck9

Permanent

uck9

securityk9

securityk9

EvalRightToUse

securityk9

ipbase

ipbasek9

Permanent

ipbasek9

Feature Name

Enforcement

Evaluation

Subscription

Enabled

RightToUse

appxk9

yes

yes

no

no

yes

uck9

yes

yes

no

yes

yes

securityk9

yes

yes

no

yes

yes

ipbasek9

no

no

no

yes

no

FoundationSuiteK9

yes

yes

no

no

yes

AdvUCSuiteK9

yes

yes

no

no

yes

cme-srst

yes

yes

no

no

yes

hseck9

yes

no

no

no

no

throughput

yes

yes

no

no

yes

internal_service

yes

no

no

no

no

Best Regards
4 Replies 4

During the evaluation licenses period you are entitled to fully use the features covered by the evaluation licenses, for free. When the evaluation licenses expire, they become right-to-use licenses, however, that would not mean you are still entitled to use them for free, instead, in my understanding, you should pay for them. In fact, the right-to-use licenses could be permanent, subscription or evaluation. When evaluation expires, they could be permanent or per subscription basis, both are payable. The fact that Cisco say those licenses have no expiry, that would be referred to the type of licenses, but I don't believe it is referred to the fact that you can use them for free.

I checked with Cisco Licensing and according to them it will go from Eval to RighToUse to Permanent no extra cost. 

Best Regards

Good to know. Would that be the case because you had already purchased the interested licenses along with the device?

yes it could be the case it was just never activated.

Best Regards