Views
Helpful
Replies

Storagage of NAC cached credentials

degriffin
Level 1
Level 1

Evening -

Curious if anyone can help with this: When using the NAC agent and a user enters there credentials, then enables the check box 'Remember Me' -  exactly where on a Windows system are teh credentials stored? Are they encrypted in any manner? Can the 'Remember Me' option be disabled?

NAC server is 4.7(3) and agent is 4.7.x

Thanks and Happy Holidays,

Doug

3 Replies 3

Tiago Antunes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Clicking the session-based Remember Me checkbox causes the User Name and Password fields to be populated with the last values entered throughout multiple  logins/logouts if the user does not exit or upgrade the application or  reboot the machine.

On shared machines, the Remember Me checkbox can be unchecked to ensure multiple users on the machine are  always prompted for their individual username and password.

On windows machines these are stored and encrypted and they are not visible by any way.

HTH,
Tiago

--

If  this helps you and/or answers your question please mark the question as  "answered" and/or rate it, so other users can easily find it.

Thanks Tiago -

I did find this on the support pages and was hoping for more insight -> our concern is the checkbox is a manual feature that can be enabled or disabled by the user at the keyboard. Long term, we are hoping to launch a script through GPO to delete the file where the password is stored (if we knew) to prevent user id's from being compromised on shared computers...

Doug

Hi,

Yes, it is not known where this info is stored due to security policies.

And regarding the fact that the button is manual, please note that it does not survive a reload of the NAC Agent application which happens every time the PC is shutdown for example.

HTH,
Tiago

--

If  this helps you and/or answers your question please mark the question as  "answered" and/or rate it, so other users can easily find it.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card