cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Support for Nexus syslogs

Daniel Barr
Level 1
Level 1

I am about to turn up some new Nexus switches, and am curious if anyone else has tried using MARS to discover and collect syslogs from NX-OS. If you've tried it, what was your experience? Are the Nexus syslogs close enough to IOS syslogs to at least let MARS understand most?

If it's a no-go, is there planned support for NX-OS in an upcoming MARS release?

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

gmarogi
Level 5
Level 5

At this moment, NEXUS is not supported by MARS.

I note Nexus syslogs are still not supported in CS-MARS v6.1.x Revised: January 27, 2011

With CS-MARS product now end of sale June 2011,  should I hold out any hope of a fix before end of Software Maint in June 2012 ?

I work in the TAC security team. I had filed a feature enhancement defect: CSCtj26300 to add support for Nexus switches on Mars. http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCtj26300 MARS being EOL, its unlikely, the support will be added anytime soon. I am just trying to set realistic expectations.  - Sid

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: