Views
Helpful
Replies

Support License information

timothy_gruban
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I would like to know the support license information[Validity/Expiry date] for the Cisco devices. How do I get it?

Somebody please help me on this.

Regards,

Timothy Gandhiruban

Regards,
Timothy Gandhiruban
5 Replies 5

Hi Thimoti,

Cisco have strong support and license system. those are two parts of product. 

1 - license

license are same like products, you can buy as a subscriptions for 1,3 or 5 year(cheaper option) or else perpetual life time license. if you bought a subscription license you need to renew it at end of subscription time.

2 - support (not warranty)

support is the cisco's strong part. you can purchase different support packages depending on the device types and task. you can buy, 24/7 support for critical devices and 8/5 support for normal devices. also you can select response time by 2 hr, 4hr, NBD. also, some special support types are available in different regions according to partners. refer below link for support. within support time you are entitles to device replacement, configuration support or solution support depending on your support type.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/services/technical/smart-net-total-care.html

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***
Good Luck

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

If you have any specific query, add it here
Good luck
KB

Hi Kasun,

Thank you so much for the response. Its is helpful. I would also like to know, how do I get the information about the support license[i.e., expiry/renewal/validation date] of the Cisco devices. I have raised a case with Cisco TAC but it didn't help. They asked me to check with account manager. What I'm expecting is something that I can check on my own without reaching the manager, like I do in Checkpoint support portal. Is there anyway that can be done? Please advise.

Regards,

Timothy Gandhiruban

Regards,
Timothy Gandhiruban

Hi Thimothy,

that also can divide to 2 parts.

1 - licenses- to check license validity and expiration dates, you need to access the device and check license options. (license format and place can differ upon the device). renewing license means, you need to buy a new license according to your requirement.

2- services - 

services you can check on customer portal. you can create a cisco account and add service contract ID (which is unique code provides by cisco for any service contract. this can collect from account manager or your cisco partner who renewed service contract) to your account. after that you can view the expiration dates and other service contract related details from below tool. services are renewable from the expiration date.

https://cway.cisco.com/sncheck/

Good luck
KB

Hi Kasun,

Thank you so much for the response. Its is helpful. I would also like to know, how do I get the information about the support license[i.e., expiry/renewal/validation date] of the Cisco devices. I have raised a case with Cisco TAC but it didn't help. They asked me to check with account manager. What I'm expecting is something that I can check on my own without reaching the manager, like I do in Checkpoint support portal. Is there anyway that can be done? Please advise.

Regards,

Timothy Gandhiruban

Regards,
Timothy Gandhiruban
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card