Views
Helpful
Replies

upgrade mars; pnupgrade: Operation not permitted

ngo duyen
Level 1
Level 1

I try upgrade my mars 4.2.1 to 6.0.7.

After upgrade 4.2.2, 4.2.3 patch I check using web browser, version and pnstatus command. I see they work well.

I upgrade 4.2.4 patch.

I see this info (I use ssh):

[pnadmin]$ pnupgrade cdrom://csmars-4.2.4.2428.pkg
Copying ...
Upgrading ... - Please wait ...
- WARNING: This upgrade typically takes 30-40 minutes to complete (maximum time 2 hours in some cases) .  Interruption of this process could cause a loss of data. Do not power off or restart your system until this process has completed.
- Stopping CS-MARS applications : #
- Updating MARS applications : #

too long time: around 1 hours later ( release note 4.3.6 said that around 30min to complete this task)

After that I try reboot, pnupgrade again,... like this:

[pnadmin]$ reboot
shutdown: must be root.
[pnadmin]$

[pnadmin]$ pnupgrade cdrom://csmars-4.2.4.2428.pkg
pnupgrade: Operation not permitted

I use command pnstatus and I see all service alway running and stop in short time, all of them stop around 90 seconds (attach file).

And I can access though web now.

But I want to continue upgrade.

what s the matter with my mars?

ty

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It looks like the upgrade got corrupted somehow.  If you have a backup of your database, you can do a re-image, restore the database from backup, then re-try the upgrade.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

ngo duyen
Level 1
Level 1

and

[pnadmin]$ version
4.2.3 (2403)

It looks like the upgrade got corrupted somehow.  If you have a backup of your database, you can do a re-image, restore the database from backup, then re-try the upgrade.

thank you,

I backup manual config and re-image with recovery dvd 6.0.7 and upgrade 6.0.8 patch.