cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Virus and Trojan

cosimodagostino
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone I state that I am not a programmer, but I know what the objectives of viruses and trojans are. Instead, I would like to confirm what I have read on the net and that I have not found written in the cyber security books (just say only what their purposes are). On the net I read that the virus connects to an executable while the trojan is created and inserted in its source code and then is installed in the PC after the program is run to give away keylogger accesses remotely etc. etc. etc. Among other things, I have also read that the virus can be inserted through a trojan; In any case, I would like to know the differences in their creation, that is, the virus connects to the executable while the Trojan is created specifically and then inserted into the source code?

2 Replies 2

Hi

How about trojan is a virus?

The way I seet it, virus means any malicious software spreaded out to infect eletronics devices in other to steal information or allow unauthorized  access. Trojan is a kind of virus specialized in allow unauthorized remote access. His name came from Trojan hourse.

The trojan is the means by which one can harm you.Absurdly returning to the Trojan horse in history.The horse could also be empty inside without soldiers but the horse was still designed to hold the soldiers even though the horse itself could keep it empty.You will tell me it makes no sense.Of course it makes no sense to have a Trojan with nothing inside without causing you damage but it is still possible.So the trojan is the tool that then allows you to subsequently launch attacks.In fact, there are backdoors that are created for administrative purposes in companies not to cause damage.The virus directly causes damage.Anyway, my question was another.I wanted to understand if the malicious code of the virus is linked to the source code as opposed to the trojan which is created and inserted inside the source so it is installed directly on the computer.On the net I found this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: