Views
Helpful
Replies

Visio stencil - "Security-SAFE Icons" contains wrong stencil

attila.suba
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have just downloaded a fresh stencil, but it contains wrong itesm (NAC devices). If anybody has access to the right ones or able to fix this please do so. :-)

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/visio-stencil-listing.html#anchor6

Thank you very much!

Attila Suba

8 Replies 8

Brett Newman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Attila,

What are the "correct" items you are looking for? We developed the Security-SAFE Visio stencil to Cisco's specifications. What do you need, and why do you say the SAFE file contains incorrect items? I'll do my best to help.

Brett Newman

Cisco Visio Development

Visimation Inc.

Hi Brett,

Download the SAFE icons using the link on the Cisco Visio page (http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/visio-stencil-listing.html#anchor6).You will see that the icons inside the zip file do not point to the SAFE icons, but the NAC appliances icon. What the OP is looking for is the right set of icons. I have seen a few other posts with the same question.

Hi Rahul,

Thanks for notifying me about this! I just downloaded the SAFE file and that is not the file we submitted to the Cisco Web team for posting. I will get that corrected!

Brett Newman

Cisco Visio Development

Visimation Inc.

Hi Brett, I try the SAFE Visio Stencils on Visio 2013 but when I try them, they all show correct (except Capabilities Mini) on the stencils but when drag to the drawing they all loss the attributes and just show like blank shapes.

Attached is also a screen capture of the issue I have.

Please advise.

[@jfraga@prosysis.com]  ,

It may be a Visio version issue.

I just checked the icons using Visio 2016. They opened and display fine for me as shown in the screenshot below:

Thank you, Marvin. Upgrading to Visio 2016 did the trick.

Do we have any of the SAFE PINs that show in the presentation in Visio so I don't have to rebuild them from scratch?

I would like to just edit them base on customer requirements.

Please advise.

Hi Jose,

I apologize for taking so long to respond. I am pleased that upgrading to Visio 2016 fixed the problem for you but I am puzzled about this because the shapes work perfectly in the Visio 2013 systems we have in our offices. As far as attributes, the Capability shapes contain text labels but the shapes on the other stencils do not. For those without labels you can type in any required text. I don't know if this is what you were referring to about losing attributes.

We don't know anything about the SAFE PINs. We created these stencils as instructed by Cisco and we are not familiar with PINs. Sorry I cannot help there.

I wish I could tell you why the symbols were not displaying properly. We saved them in a format that is compatible with Visio 2003-2016.

Brett Newman

Cisco Visio Development

Visimation Inc

Brett Newman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Atlila,

I apologize that I did not see this posting until recently. Another user replied with more details and when I checked the file for SAFE icons it was indeed incorrect. It was not the file we had submitted for posting. I just sent another request with the correct file which should be available with the next 1-2 days.

Brett Newman

Cisco Visio Development

Visimation Inc