Views
Helpful
Replies

vms server

nataraj_v
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

We have VMS server for monitoring NIDS Alerts , CSA alerts and Firewall logs . on this vms server , apache.exe , Services.exe , IDSpruning.exe ( these three services collectively ) eating cpu time around 92% , hence my vms server always shows cpu usage 100% still im able to do minimal work. but why this is happening . apache taking..around 30-55% cpu time . when i tried to kill apache.exe its says access is denied. one more thing nowadays..im unable to see CSA alerts .in apache log i found ,Webagent.exe is not responding. can anybody show me a way. Thanks in advance

Thanks and Regards

Nataraj

5 Replies 5

nataraj_v
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All ,

Can anybody throw something on it ?

Thanks and Regards

Nataraj

Check your Windows System and Application event logs for clues (errors). There may be an underlying cause for the high utilization. Also check the frequency of your scheduled tasks for each of the VMS processes.

turnbull
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Nataraj,

What are the specs of your server especially RAM?

VMS is very hard on memory and the minimum of 1Gb is only a starter.

Cheers,

Paul.

Dear Paul,

yea im having 1 GB RAM , but still the same problem.

Thanks and Regards

Nataraj

Hi Nataraj,

Did you check if you are running unnecessary services on your VMS server ?? Even my VMS server had realllyyyyyy slow response.. I noticed that the server had DHCP server/client, DNS server/Client and other useless programs on it.. I had disabled all unnecessary services and down came the utilisation.. it was really fast after that...

Just check this.. all the best..

Raj

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: