cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VOIP

altaf007
Level 1
Level 1

is it possible to do VOIP with VPN. I am planning to install 3002 hardware client at site and do VPN through internet backbone. I also want to connect VOIP phone to 3002 hardware client? I need to know if 3002 hardware client will support voip ? Thanks

3 Replies 3

travis-dennis_2
Level 7
Level 7

Yes this is possible. I have done this many times myself. Just plug the IP phone into the back of the 3002. Even though the packets are encrypted a router can still read the precedence. What is going to be your head end device? a 3000 series concetrator? A router?

Thanks for your reply. I have two option at headquarter. I can either use Ciso Pix or i can use cisco 3030 concentrator. What kind of configuration is required for concentrator and cisco pix.? Thanks

Well I am a concentrator guy when it comes to VPN. On the 3030 you just really have to make sure that the 3030 knows the routes back to the other subnets. Depending on how you have HQ setup you may need to do soame inside routing but since you are running VPN there is not much to do on the 3030. Voice packets just need to be able to get back and forth like data packets. A lot dpends on your network though. Feel free to e-mail me for a more in-depth discussion.