cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN 3000, Remote Desktop and HTTP

mark-hanley
Level 1
Level 1

I recently deployed a VPN concentrator, and have configured the 3000 with IPSec and have the Cisco VPN client configured properly to connect. My problem is this, when connected via VPN, I can ping and telnet, but cannot open Microsoft remote desktop and http webpages on the destination network. When I open a remote desktop session for the remote network, the window opens, but remains a dark grey and will not allow me to log into the server, yet I can ping this server. Web browsing on the remote network fails as well.

3 Replies 3

vkapoor5
Level 5
Level 5

If you are ping and telnet it means connectivity to remote machine exists.So the problem might be with the access list configured. Make sure TCP port number 80 for HTTP and TCP port number 3389 for Microsoft XP machine is allowed.

cjdoidge
Level 1
Level 1

There could be filters assigned to that user you are using to connect or to a group of users. Especially check filters used for traffic returned back to your VPN client...

I actually found the problem. I needed to instuct the concentrator to fragment the large packets as they were being rejected.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: