cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN and Router

jemnac
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, if my VPN connected, i dont have access to my Router (192.168.178.1). I use Version 4.9.06037 for AnyConnect Client. Can you help me please to access to my Router? Thanks in Advance A.H.

8 Replies 8

Muhammad Awais Khan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I am assuming you are using Remote Access VPN on Cisco Firewall ( ASA/FTD ) connected behind the Router ?

If so, can you please check the following:

- 192.168.178.0/24 is part of your split tunneling policies in your Firewall ? are you able to ping any other IP from this range ?

- Can you please check whether in your Router you have added the Route for VPN Client Pool addresses pointing back to firewall ?

Hi,

I am using Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client 4.9.06037. I don't have that (ASA/FTD). I dont have access to the address range 192.168.178.* . In my "Connect BOX Unitymedia" router, I have no way to define the VPN route. Thanks

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As soon you connect to VPN your Corporate network, all traffic go Via Full tunnel, if you do not like that to happend, you need to configure split tunnel config (if you have control on device) - if this is given  by company you have less rights to change this.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi,

can you send me please a link for Configuration Tool. How i can to configure it, to connect my router (Connect Box Unitymedia). Thanks

Not sure if have option to change yourself as per the business policy. check below guide may help you :

https://community.cisco.com/t5/security-documents/anyconnect-split-tunneling-local-lan-access-split-tunneling/ta-p/4050866

BB

Hi, how i change the FireWall setting for AnnyConnect Secure Mobility Client. here is empty. in wich folder i could change it. Thanks

you can check below guide : see if you can able to do some action your side (if this is not locked ?)

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/asa-5500-x-series-next-generation-firewalls/70847-local-lan-pix-asa.html

BB

Hi, but i dont have LAN Access as Option in Prefrences of AnyConnect Client. And in Route Details i see only 0.0.0.0/0

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: