Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Client 4.x.x and Windows Login Network Shares

Rajesh Revuru
Level 4
Level 4

Hello:

I am trying to acheive the simplest possible configuration. We recently placed PIX with outside I/F 66.x.x.98. And we have win2003 DC and File server/wins server/DNS server all on one host with IP address 66.x.x.100. This win2003 also has an inside interface with IP 192.168.2.41.

What i am trying to acheive is once the User connects using VPN client, login to the domain, it should run the login script associated with the userID and map the network drives.

Everything is working fine, networks drives are not mapping upon login. But when i try to manually map the drives it works.

Any thoughts. I know its simple, but for some reason, its drivin me crazy.

1 Reply 1

ehirsel
Level 6
Level 6

You stated that your win 2003 host has two interfaces. You may want to test with one interface (the 66.x.x.100 one) deactivated. This way dns and wins will only have one ip address associated with the dc and file services - that of the 192.168.x.x interface. I wonder if traffic is coming in one interface but flowing thru another, causing an issue for the pix.

I assume that the default route for the win2003 host is the pix's inside interface; if not you will need to adjust it to get the proper routing between the pix and the win2003 host.

Let me know if this is of any help.