cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Client & IE Proxy Settings

khinze
Level 1
Level 1

We have an issue in which a user connects via IPSec tunnel using the VPN Client and the IE Proxy settings are correctly pushed. However, once they disconnect the Proxy settings are not removed/set back to original Proxy Server. Has anyone experienced this?

6 Replies 6

jupoole
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello, are you still seeing this issue? What VPN client and ASA versions are you running?

Tks

We are, but I found it is only on Desktop machines. Laptops work just fine. So I have asked the Windows guys if they can figure out what GPO or whatever might be causing this.

Are the laptops and desktops the same build or different? Just curious, I am also seeing this issue but it is only certain machines and at different times. I can do it all day long with my machine and never see the problem, but other people see it. Weird... Please let me know if you hear back from your Microsoft guy. I have tried this with different VPN and ASA code releases as well. Almost looks like a IE issue. Are you users admin's on the machines? Tks

Well, they should be the same build with the only difference being GPO related. I and a couple others are admins, but others are not. Obviously being an admin I can change the Proxy to whatever it needs to be, but the normal users cannot. I will certainly let you know what I hear back.

One more question, what are you using for your headend device? ASA, PIX, VPN3k etc?

Our headend unit is an ASA running version 7.2.3. I have a unit running 8.02. But I don't think this is an issue of ASA code, but rather the policy on the ASA and how it is pushed via the client. That is my thinking, but I have been wrong a couple of other times; I think.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: