cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN client lost connection - Reason 422

fatouros
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there - please help and sorry in advance if this is the wrong forum.

I am running Win XP Pro, VPN Client 4.01, on a DSL connection hooked up to a Efficient Networks modem

I keep getting "Lost contact with the security gateway message" and I read somewhere the reason this happens is because the machine's IP address changed. I believe it is something with the software driver I loaded in order for the new modem to work because that is the only thing that has changed and I was able to gain access in the past.

Thanks in advance,

Nick

7 Replies 7

umedryk
Level 5
Level 5

check with the ISP for any latency, performance or any other issue that might be causing the problem.

Also, if you are using XP, just check if changing the computer name would solve the problems

Thanks for the reply. I have two computers that use this modem and only one seems to have this issue. I will check on changing the computer name. Do you have any other suggestions?

dpatkins
Level 1
Level 1

Nick,

Does the Efficient Networks modem authenticate PPPoE for you or do you use SBC DSL Connection Manager? I had problems when I first started testing VPN on DSL because of the Connection Manager. if you remove this, and just log in to the ISP using their PPPoE authenticating window, it should work.

Dwane

Dwane, thanks for the reply. The Efficient Networks modem authenticates for me. Either way, i think it is something else because i am able to access the VPN using a laptop computer using the same modem. Any other thoughts, i would be happy to explore.

larry_VPN
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Nick,

I am having exactly the same error as you did. The only difference is that I am using VPN Client 3000.

Did you solve the problem? How?

Thanks a lot!

Larry

A few months later and still having the problem. Been busy, had a beautiful baby so i just brought my laptop home. I am back at it now and committed to getting to the bottom of this issue. Any luck on your side?

hatimeayoub
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I found it's related to my network adapters, I had many of it Activated, 

I deactivate all the unused one, after that the situation is solved  and the Cisco VPN works well 

Regards,