cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Client on Vista ??

dan.tesch
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone have a recommendation as to the best VPN client version to run on Vista? I have been trying quite a few different versions - some of the earlier versions I had been using on XP work but take forever to connect and sometimes error with remote peer failed to respond - some of the newer betas since the start of the year connect quicker and more consistently but have a habit of blue screening my notebook - the latest version I'm using (5.0.03.0530) seems to work kind of OK but appears to have broken the DNS to my office and split tunneling appears to possibly have flaked out as well.

Has someone found a good compromise version for running on Vista? Is it possible that the DNS and split tunnel issues I'm seeing are a remnant of an old install? something in the registry or system I should yank along with a clean install??

16 Replies 16

Hi Joe,

Had a problem with Vista running vpnclient-win-msi-5.0.04.0290-k9-BETA

Couldn't get it to work and in the end, took your advised and setup vpngui service as admin and it worked.

Thanks.

:D

Using the newest 0560 on Vista Business no real problems on my end.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: