cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WebVPN and OWA 2003

ccollins
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to use WebVPN to provide access to a Microsoft 2003 OWA server. When the OWA server is setup with SSL I get 440 Login Timout. When the OWA server is setup for straight http none of the folders show up. Does anyone know of problems accesing 2003 OWA through WebVPN? We are running 4.1.4 on the 3030 VPN Concentrator.

7 Replies 7

Yossi.Mor
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Collins,

I am having the same problems.

1) When trying to access OWA via form based authentication nothing happened (i.e I fill in my domain username and password in premium/ basic state client and the screen only refreshed)

2) When the authentication is non form based i get the behavior that you get.

Did you find any solution for those issues that you are experience?

Have you any idea if WebVPN support RPC over HTTPS ?

All the best.

Yossi Mor

Cisco gave me bug number CSCec65416 and told me they were working on it. We are using the Microsoft ISA server in the mean time. I do not know if WebVPN support RPC over HTTPS.

Collins Hi,

Cisco released few days ago software version 4.1.5 and outline that the problem with OWA was solved.

I have tried the new release but still get the same problem when trying to authenticate via form based authentication.

Regards.

Yossi

I appreciate the update this prevented a lot of stress trying to get it to work. I will give it one or two swings. If it works I will let you know. At least now won't spend too much time on it.

Hi,

I found that in the release notes:

Outlook Web Access through WebVPN

You can now use Outlook Web Access (OWA) through WebVPN. Exchange 5.5, OWA 2000, and OWA 2003 are supported. All browsers that are compatible with both WebVPN and OWA are supported.

But still OWA 2003 does not work. I tried out with OWA 2000 and 2003. 2000 worked fine immediately. I do not have any authentication problems but a display error with a http class.

Bye Markus

Thanks for the update Markus.

Anyway are there any unique setting to support OWA beside defining the url to OWA for authenticated users?

Regards.

Yossi

I believe you have to ensure that basic authentication is enabled for the OWA site in your IIS manager. The WebVPN seems to be acting as a proxy of sorts and it doesn't seem to work with integrated authentication. It also doesn't work with certificates if the root CA isn't in it's trusted list. Since the concentrator isn't part of the Active Directory infrastructure, sites that are using Windows Certificate Services will have to add teh trusted root certificate into the concentrator.