Views
Helpful
Replies

WebVPN - no connectivity from outside interface

mateid1234
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have configured WebVPN on a 1811W router running IOS 12.4(11)XW5, and although the gateway is set directly on an outside interface, the 443 port appears filtered to clients connecting through that interface (inside interface traffic is allowed). What can I do to force the router to listen for incoming connections on the outside interface (as it is supposed to)? I have no firewall or ACLs that could potentially interfere with the VPN.

Thanks!

25 Replies 25

I've switched to extended ACLs, but without success. Any other suggestions? I feel like I'm getting close to finally solving this issue!

show the configuration

describe your problem again.

I've attached my current config.

The problem is that the router does not return packets for connections initiated from an untrusted interface to the router itself (like in the case of webvpn), as long as NAT is enabled only for specific computers behind the network (as opposed to the entire LAN).

I've attached my current config.

The problem is that the router does not return packets for connections initiated from an untrusted interface to the router itself (like in the case of webvpn), as long as NAT is enabled only for specific computers behind the network (as opposed to the entire LAN).

mateid1234
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry, the attachement got lost while writing the message.

Do you have static ip or dynamic ip for interfaces FastEthernet0 and Dialer0?

Both interfaces have dynamic IPs. Fa0 aquires the ip address thru DHCP and Di0 thru IPCP (PPPoE).

if you have dynamic IPs,

so how could you access them?

or maybe you static binding...

I use a free DDNS service for Di0, but I removed the relevant lines from the config file because the username and password were shown in clear.

This is you main route

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 FastEthernet0 10 track 123

This is you backup route

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 Dialer0 20 track 124

If you try access Dialer0 from outside, you return traffic goes through FastEthernet0.

You need do "Local PBR" for correction...

Problem solved!

It wasn't even necessary to implement a local policy route-map, since I don't intend to access the router from both interfaces.

What I did was to simply switch the metrics on the default routes and thus force the router to use the correct interface.

This, combined with the explicit removal of the local interface from NAT was the solution to this issue.

Thank you very much a.alekseev!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: