cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Weird Problem (NAT???)

ferand
Level 1
Level 1

We switched over to a new range of external IP addresses yesterday. About half our workstations cannot access the internet at all. I can ping the PIX but not the router that the PIX routes them to. If I reboot the PIX and router some people start working but others that were working then cannot access anything. I am thinking it may have something to do with NAT and the PIX not releasing external IP's or something?? BTW I have gone through the config line by line and nothing has changed except the IP's and static routes that had to change. We are on PIX version 4.1(5) and the router is a 2500....(I know its old stuff). If you have ANY ideas or suggestions please post or email....Thanks

4 Replies 4

HEATH FREEL
Level 1
Level 1

Are you using a Global Range or are you using one Global IP address for outbound access?

exigent
Level 1
Level 1

I highly recommend upgrading to the latest Pix firmware if the hardware requirements are met. Without seeing the config it's hard to tell. I would make sure that the GLOBAL command has the new IP range also. Did you do a CLEAR XLAT command after changing the NAT settings?

mowtnman
Level 1
Level 1

Have you tried the 'clear xlate" command?

chilukurir
Level 1
Level 1

Check your NAT and GLOBAL statements.

Make sure you create GLOBAL statements for global pools and PAT.

Ramesh