Views
Helpful
Replies

Where can I find n/n-1 versions for different cisco models

Gayathri Nalla
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Part of network patching program, I have to identify the devices that are n/n-1 versions for different cisco models - switches, routers and firewalls

There are more than 3000 devices and I want to know if there is any reference where I can compare the current versions and identify that are not meeting recommended versions (n/n-1)

I'm new here and trying to seek help. Can anyone please guide me.

Thank you,

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Cisco PSIRT will give you more information what is the suggested code and any vulnerable , what tools do you have - like cisco tools smart collector?

If no tool is available you need to collect the Inventor details with the version of the code using any automation script. 

summarise and looks for stable version (which is cisco recommended Gold version and fixed all security-related issue - reading the release notes and for upgrade or patching) 

Note: If no tool is available, then it's a bit Manual task.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi Balaji,

We do not have any tools and from what you said, I have to do this analysis manually.

the inventory  you're referring to, do we have one such for Cisco too with part nos and models guiding us recommended versions 

Thank you for your timely help sir.

Gayathri

If you do not have a cisco smart collector, that is only Option available to collect or gather all IOS information.

check on google there are lot of Python tools available to get inventory details that includes IOS Version

example :

https://github.com/pavelstef/cisco_devices_info_collector

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Thank you

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It may not cover all of your devices (i.e., firewalls) but have a look at the free Cisco Active Advisor tool.

https://ciscoactiveadvisor.com