cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

why is postoffice server not running?

sand.yang
Level 1
Level 1

hello,everyone! This is a problem about connection between idsm and security mointor.I use vms to manage 6509's idsm.I can add the idsm to mc for ids,and deploy signatures to it.At the same time,this idsm will appear in security monitor.But a error will applear when I try to import it.

The configured sensors you selected could not be saved to the database - LocalPostoffice.write

could not write local postoffice config files - com.cisco.nm.mdc.ids.common.exceptions.MdcException:

Could not restart the local postoffice! RestartAllProcesses returned Error: Postoffice server is not

running.

You can see the information as followed:

2003-03-21 23:41:06 CST 0.0.0.0 Shared service processes Common Java System Services error LocalPostoffice.write could not write local postoffice config files - com.cisco.nm.mdc.ids.common.exceptions.MdcException: Could not restart the local postoffice! RestartAllProcesses returned Error: Postoffice server is not running

2003-03-21 23:41:06 CST 0.0.0.0 Shared service processes Common Java System Services error LocalPostoffice.write could not write local postoffice config files - com.cisco.nm.mdc.ids.common.exceptions.MdcException: Could not restart the local postoffice! RestartAllProcesses returned Error: Postoffice server is not running

2003-03-21 23:41:06 CST 0.0.0.0 Shared service processes Common Java System Services error RestartAllProcesses returned Error: Postoffice server is not running

Why is postoffice server not running?

How can I start postoffice server?

It is a very urgent case.

Thanks!

Sand.

2 Replies 2

nchandy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Sand

Under services of the control panel, you should see a service cisco secure postoffice, check if that is started.

Also, the machine which has monitoring sw, does it have any other sw like cspm, netforenscis , IEV etc..

Thanks

Nisha

Thanks,Nisha

I find that postoffice server will run only reinstall vms.Now I have reinstalled vms, all things are good. The problem is sloved.

Thanks again!

sand