cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WIN 2000 Using IPsec to talk to Router

flybird
Level 1
Level 1

I have many clients who want to connect to the central office via Internet. They are using windows 2K platform. I am planning to use Pre-share key. I have several questions:

1.How to config Windows 2K and Cisco Router using IPSec. I can establish VPN tunnel between Windows98+VPN client and Cisco Router. But I cannot establish VPN tunnel using native Windows 2k IPSec feature.

2.If it can work, can I use the extended authentication?

3.Can I use AAA to implement authorizing and accounting? If it could, pls give me a sample and av-pairs.

Thank you

2 Replies 2

jbohla
Level 1
Level 1

I know a few other members have asked the first part of your question before. Try searching for Win2k in this forum and you should get some detailed information. I think it said you have to configure a certificate authority for Win2k connections. I do know Cisco's universal client, which is being developed should fix this. Sorry, I can't help you out with the second part of your question.

bwalchez
Level 4
Level 4

If you have a CCO login I think this document http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/480/l2tprad.html will help answer the AAA questions.