cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Windows logon Issue with Cisco CSA V4.0.3 Build 720

jameswestley
Level 1
Level 1

Within our organisation, we are rolling out new Dell laptops with Windows XP SP2 loaded on them.

Also these builds have personal oracle loaded on them. Everything is fine until we install the CSA agents. Every time a user reboots it takes about 20 mins to logon to the domain. It just hangs. Take CSA agent off and everything is o.k.

Laptop users with W2k installed and oracle etc. do not experiance this issue.

Help please

3 Replies 3

jameswestley
Level 1
Level 1

I think i know whats the problem might be.. As per my last post .. There is personnal Oracle (9i) loaded on these machines. and only when the OracleOraHome92 agent services is set to autostart this happens.. if you disable of set it to manual it logs in fine..

I dont think its a csa rule/policy issue as no alerts are been shown in the Event log ?

are the hosts that this is occuring on starting out in Test Mode? I guess if there's no events being logged, it wouldn't be a rule based issue.

tsteger1
Level 8
Level 8

Unfortunately build 4.0.3-720 may not be smart enough to tell you what's happening but you might solve it with an allow rule.

Create a rule that monitors what the OracleOraHome92 agent does then create another rule to allow it.

If that fails, I'd look at what else these XP SP2 boxes have enabled as far as services go and try and trim them down a bit. It may be a service that's enabled (or disabled) that's causing the slowdown.

Tom S