cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Workstation Issues

twanninger
Level 1
Level 1

We have been using VPN at two sites since the start of the year. I have three issues going on I can't seem to get to the bottom of. First, I have one machine that whenever he uses VPN outlook comes up in offline mode no matter what the settings are. Second, on several machines when I loaded VPN on their machines, when shutting down the machines will automatically restart. Last, does anyone know if it is possible to do VPN using AOL or a cable modem? Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks!! Tanya

5 Replies 5

peter.sprygada
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer that had a couple of these issues as well. In order to get outlook working over the vpn and connect to the mail server properly, we had to setup the workstation to login to the domain when it booted up. the login process is very slow but the workstation connects every time. Also, this sames customer is presently doing vpn over AOL and using cable modems. Hope this helps

Thanks Peter, having the workstation login to the domain when it boots up works, thanks for the input.

Tanya

fumblestruck
Level 1
Level 1

We have gotten VPN to work with AOL. We had to setup the VPN client to use the AOL Adapter rather than the normal dial-up adapter.

Thanks, I hadn't thought to give that a try. I got it to work on our test machine. Thanks! Tanya

How do you setup the VPN Client to use the AOL Adapter? Was it in the properties of the client or was it a registry adjustment?