cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WS-C3560X-24 needs to be connected with another WS-C3560X-24 core layer 3 sitch.

Syed Azam
Level 1
Level 1

I got new task moving WS-3560X24 port layer 3 core switch from one branch to be moved  to my  branch and connect WS3560 layer 3 core switch my site network. Both core switch has got 3-4 cisco 2960 switch underneath and lots of vlan offcourse. I am thinking about creating etherchannel between these two switch.

Any suggession and advise will be hightly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

So today you have one core 3560X switch with layer 3 interfaces for all the VLANs which go out to your Access layer 2960 switches - correct?

We would typically see a core (Cisco would call it "distribution" layer in such a case becasue they don't consider the 3560 full-featured or powerful enough to call it a "core" switch) made of of dual switches connected with a trunk port (may be multiple physical ports in a port channel for higher availability and throughput). Each access switch has trunk port connections to core switch #1 and #2. At layer 3, core switch #1 and #2 setup hsrp groups for all VLAN interfaces.

That's the high level approach that most closely resembles a reference architecture. Have a look at the "LAN Baseline Architecture Overview-Branch Office Network" document for more information.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

So today you have one core 3560X switch with layer 3 interfaces for all the VLANs which go out to your Access layer 2960 switches - correct?

We would typically see a core (Cisco would call it "distribution" layer in such a case becasue they don't consider the 3560 full-featured or powerful enough to call it a "core" switch) made of of dual switches connected with a trunk port (may be multiple physical ports in a port channel for higher availability and throughput). Each access switch has trunk port connections to core switch #1 and #2. At layer 3, core switch #1 and #2 setup hsrp groups for all VLAN interfaces.

That's the high level approach that most closely resembles a reference architecture. Have a look at the "LAN Baseline Architecture Overview-Branch Office Network" document for more information.

yeah Marvin, Thanks for your reply. you got it. Will be connecting both 3560 with port channel with multiple physical ports in port channel.

Will go through the document on the link.

will get back to you after some research..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: