Helpful
Replies

Xauth error

stu
Level 1
Level 1

Keep getting following error

"Xauth required but selected Proposal does not support xauth,

Check priorities of ike xauth proposals in ike proposal list", but we are not using Xauth, I am using internal under the IPSec tab in

Configuration | User Management | Groups | Modify Austin_VPN

This just started happening after I creating a lan-lan conection for another project.

I can get people in by turning off Authentication, but then I can not list any of the users connecting. Please help, I've been working on this for 3 days with no answers.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

shijogeorge
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Check the IKE proposal used by the Remote Access SA. U might have modified this IKE proposal while configuring the LAN 2 LAN.

Go to IPSec tab in

Configuration | User Management | Groups | Modify Austin_VPN

See the IPSec SA Selected.

Now go to Configuration | Policy Management | Traffic Management | SAs. Modify the corresponding SA;

See the IKE Proposal Selected

Go to Configuration | Tunneling And Security | IPSec | IKE Proposals. Modify the specific IKE Proposal.

Make sure that PRESHARED KEYS (XAUTH) is the Authentication Mode selected for this proposal.

HTH

Regards,

Shijo George.

Thanks, That was it. It must have gotten changed when the lan-lan was created as that seems to not be able to use xauth on preshared keys.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: