Views
Helpful
Replies

Another Media Processor 8100 Upgrade Issue

palmerstown
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

A few days ago I posted here about a problem upgrading a Media Processor 8100 (from 6.2.1 to 6.2.4). I was able to solve my problem, but now I've encountered a different problem upgrading a second 8100 box.

After I ran the upgrade through the web gui, the webserver refused to display any page. So I RDP'd onto the desktop of the box, copied in the upgrade exe file, and ran it directly from the command line. This appeared to work OK (the logfile ended with 'Log Closed') but after reboot I'm getting the following error, when I try to access the web gui:

Compiler Error Message:

CS0103: The name 'InletPage' does not exist in  the current context

Source Error:

Line 31:     {
Line 32:       // Code that runs when a new session is started
Line 33:       this.Session.Timeout = InletPage.PageTimeoutInterval;
Line 34:     }
Line 35: 

I've rerun this procedure a few times, and there's been a few reboots, but no improvement. Logfile from latest upgrade attempt, is attached.

Thanks.

Eanna

6 Replies 6

juslewis
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Eanna,

Please upload a copy of the debug file from the 8100.  You can obatin this file from the System Tab>Debug Information.

You will need to use a seperate machine to obtain this, as security on the 8100 will block the download of the file.

Regards,

Justin Lewis

Thanks for your reply Justin. Unfortunately the web gui is completely non-functional, so I can't access the system tab. I do have RDP access to the desktop of the box, so maybe I can collect any files you want from there.

Can you give me guidence about what to collect.

Regards.

Eanna

Eanna,

When you RDP into the box can you try and open the GUI and take a screen shot of that.  The onboard IE should display more information about the error.  You can also send us the Application log.

Regards,

Justin Lewis

Justin,

I've edited the original post above, to attach the files you want. Also, the file original_swupdate.log is from

C:\inetpub\wwwroot\encadmin\updates and I believe was generated by my first attempt to upgrade to 6.2.4.

Thanks.

Eanna

Eanna,

Thank you for the logs, at this point I think we need to open a service request.  Please see the below links and numbers.

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/web/support/index.html

The TAC CIN can be reached at:
USA North America  +1 866 787 3866
USA Non-Domestic   +1 408 526 7209
Asia-Pacific                 +61 2 9935 4107
Australia                     +1 800 805 227
Europe                        +32 2 704 5555
UK                                +44 800 960 547

Regards,

Justin Lewis

Hello Eanna,

Provided you are logged in to CSC and have a support contract with  Cisco, you may also be able to open a SR from within the discussion that you  have created.

Click on the “Open Service Request” link located within  the “Actions” widget on the right sight of the screen. A separate window  will be launched from your browser opening the Service Request UI.

You can click here for more details.

Best Regards,

Mark Puckett

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: