cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASR 1006 license

Ahmed Elsamahy
Level 1
Level 1

there is no show license command and no license boot command availble on ASR1006 . i found someone is talking about that there is no license enforcement or RTU license  in ASR1006 and features used  are based on image installed on ASR itself and no license is needed. we purchased license from cisco for Ethical use but i noticed that there is no PACK number downloaded .

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I found that :- 

The ASR1006 does not do licensing enforcement through software which is why the licensing commands do not work. In order to issue the command show license, the device needs to have universal image on it.

Users do not need to install any license on ASR1006. The license on ASR1k are generally honor-based, expect ASR1001, ASR1001-X and ASR1002-X. These models use universal image which requires the users to install proper license for the features.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you post what error getting when you issue :

show license all

also post show version

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

I found that :- 

The ASR1006 does not do licensing enforcement through software which is why the licensing commands do not work. In order to issue the command show license, the device needs to have universal image on it.

Users do not need to install any license on ASR1006. The license on ASR1k are generally honor-based, expect ASR1001, ASR1001-X and ASR1002-X. These models use universal image which requires the users to install proper license for the features.

But if I am right, honored base licensing is only on ISO XE 3.x version right?

Becouse i havent seen aby possibility to activate pernament license -rtu in IOS SE 16-17 on ASR 1006.

Thanx

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: