Views
Helpful
Replies

ASR1K + BGP Selective Download

Pedro Morais
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I'm doing some tests with an ASR1K as route-reflector and would like to try some new features. One of them is BGP Selective Download for which I cannot find any info. The only reference that I found is a footnote on the ASR1K datasheet.

Could someone share some info about this feature?

Thanks.

Regards,

Pedro

3 Replies 3

HUBERT RESCH
Level 3
Level 3

Hi we are searching for the same Info !!

Hi Hubert,

Meanwhile I got some information about BGP Selective Download. Here is what found:

Configuration:

route-map deny 10

!

router bgp xxx

address-family ipv4 unicast

table-map filter

When the keyword "filter" is specified, the route-map is also used to control whether a BGP route is to be downloaded to RIB. A BGP route will not be downloaded to RIB if it is denied by the route-map.

It seems that BGP Selective Download is supported in IOS-XE since 12.2(33)XNE… So rather old… but still not documented at all...

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

PM

On ASR1K, BGP selective download for IPv4 is supported from IOS XE 2.3 onwards and for IPv6 from IOS XE 3.5 onwards.

The configuration is as you posted before... As simple as it...

I would suggest you to take a look at the BRKRST-3371 presentation from Cisco Live (www.ciscolive365.com) to have more info on some supported releases.

Cheers, Gustavo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: